The Institute of Tourism Studies is an institution of higher education aimed at meeting the changing needs of the Travel, Hospitality and Tourism Industry.
ITS was established in 1987 and consolidated by the Institute of Tourism Studies Act (2016) of the Laws of Malta. ITS' main responsibility is to provide the Tourism Sector with professional personnel who are able to guarantee an excellent standard of products and services within the Hospitality Industry.
Quality learning to achieve excellence in tourism.
Through ITS' innovative academic programmes the Institute of Tourism Studies seeks to prepare its students for a career in tomorrow’s tourism industry.
ITS directs its resources towards the development of inclusive learning programmes which facilitate technical, generic and behavioural skills and competencies, integrate theory and practice and promote modern leadership approaches.
The values behind ITS' vision are to:
- Provide a student oriented style of curriculum which promotes creativity, innovation, participation, self reflection, and personal independence.
- Develop specialized technical, leadership and entrepreneurial skills in line with tomorrow’s industry’s trends and requirements
- Promote an international outlook whilst embracing differences between local and foreign cultures.
- Promote professional development through lifelong learning opportunities for all levels within society
- Perform and solicit practices which are ethically correct and environmentally friendly.
- Individually guide, mentor and holistically develop our student
Commitment to Quality
The Institute of Tourism Studies is firmly committed to provide learning programmes aimed at guaranteeing exceptional standards of service within the Hospitality Industry. Students' progress is continuously monitored by their tutors, review boards as well as internal and external examiners. Lecturing staff continuously receives special training and guidance in methodology and assessment techniques.
Read the ITS Quality Assurance Handbook.