Level MQF Level 3
Course Duration 2 Semesters plus LITP
This course is intended for those individuals who are interested in obtaining basic skills in events planning and organisations.
This programme of study includes:
- Food Handlers Certificate – compulsory
- Computer Information Systems
- Kitchen and Larder Individual and Theory
- Introduction to events operations
- Introduction to Design for events
- Food and Beverage Practical
- Food Service theory
- Beverage service theory
- Introduction to Food and Wine Pairing
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understand the necessary operational tasks.
- Create and maintain good customer and staff relations adapting methods of communication.
- Comply with legal requirements on safety, health and hygiene at work by maintain good personal hygiene and health, a safe working environment.
- Communicate with customers and colleagues in a professional manner.
Successful completion of the ITS Foundation Programme in Tourism & Enterprise / ITS Foundation Programme in Tourism & Hospitality
Minimum of 5 O Level subjects of which:
2 O Level subjects shall include Hospitality, Mathematics, Maltese, English and/or Home Economics at grade 5 or better (SSC&P level 3) and any other 3 O Level subjects at grade 6 or better (SSC&P Level 2).
(Non-Maltese applicants have the option to replace Maltese O Level with any other O Level)
Minimum Age: 16 years (as at 30th June of the year application is submitted)
Fields of Work
Outside Catering establishments
Events and Function organisation and Coordination
Hotel Conference and Banqueting Department
Further Study Options
Programme 4 - Part 2 Diploma in Events & Leisure Operations (MQF Level 4)
Programme 4 - Part 3 Higher national Diploma in events & Leisure Management (MQF Level 5),
Programme 7 - Higher national Diploma in Hospitality Management (MQF Level 5),
Programme 8 - Higher national Diploma in Tour Guiding (MQF Level 5)