MQF Level 3
2 Semesters plus LITP
This course is intended for those individuals who are interested in obtaining basic operational skill in Front Office, Concierge and Housekeeping.
This programme of study includes:
• Food Handlers Certificate – compulsory
• Computer Information Systems
• Health & Safety
• Introduction to Tourism & Hospitality
• Maltese Culture/Tourist sites
• Conference & Banqueting Sales and Coordination
• Front Office and Housekeeping Theory
• Opera PMS
• Sales Techniques
• Introduction to Marketing
• Pest Control
Key Learning Outcomes
• Advise guests on in house facilities and external activities.
• Deal with the guests and colleagues in a professional manner.
• Manage the needs and requirements of different types of customers.
• Sell in house facilities.
• Carry out housekeeping best practices.
• Comply with legal requirements on safety, health and hygiene.
Successful completion of the ITS
Foundation Programme in Tourism &
Enterprise / ITS Foundation in Tourism &
Minimum of 5 O Level subjects of which;
2 O Level subjects shall include Hospitality,
Mathematics, Maltese, English and/or Home
Economics at grade 5 or better (SSC&P level
3) and any other 3 O Level subjects at grade
6 or better (SSC&P Level 2).
(Non-Maltese applicants have the option to
replace Maltese O Level with any other O
16 years (as at 30th June of the year application is submitted)
Fields of Work
• Front Office – Telephone Operator, Receptionist
• Concierge/ Porter
• Room attendant
Further Study Options
Programme 3 - Part 2
Diploma in Rooms Division Operations
(MQF Level 4)
Programme 3 - Part 3
Higher National Diploma in Rooms
Division Management (MQF Level 5), Or
Programme 7 - Higher National Diploma in
Hospitality Management (MQF Level 5), Or
Programme 8 - Higher National Diploma in
Tour Guiding (MQF Level 5)