MQF Level 3
2 Semesters plus LITP
This course is intended for those individuals who are interested in obtaining basic knowledge and understanding of working in a travel related operation.
This programme of study includes:
• Food Handlers Certificate (compulsory)
• Foreign Language
• Computer Information Systems
• Introduction to Tourism & Hospitality
• Health & Safety
• Customer Care
• Tourist sites - Activities for Visitors
• Travel Geography
• Maltese Cuisine
Key Learning Outcomes
• Understand the Principles & Practices of the tourism & hospitality industry.
• Deal with the tourists and colleagues in a professional manner.
• Manage the needs and requirements of different types of tourists.
• Advise tourists on activities and Maltese traditions.
• Understand the marketing concept of Malta as a tourist destination.
Successful completion of the ITS Foundation Programme in Tourism & Enterprise / ITS Foundation Programme in Hospitality & Tourism. or Minimum of 5 O Level subjects of which;
2 O Level subjects shall include Hospitality,
Mathematics, Maltese, English and/or
Home Economics at grade 5 or better
(SSC&P level 3), and any other 3 O Level
subjects at grade 6 or better (SSC&P Level 2).
(Non-Maltese applicants have the option to replace Maltese O Level with any other subject at O Level)
16 years (as at 30th June of the year application is submitted)
Fields of Work
• Incoming Operations
• Tour Operations and Tour Representative
Further Study Options
Programme 2 - Part 2
Diploma in Travel & Tourism Operations
(MQF Level 4)