Level: MQF Level 4
Course Duration: 4 Semesters (including 2 semesters International Placement)
This course is intended for those individuals who are interested in obtaining general knowledge and good practices to work in the Travel Sector.
This programme of study includes:
- Foreign language
- Communication Skills – Presentation Skill / Public Speaking
- Viasinc – Travel Technology System
- Web Design & Administration
- Basic Economics
- Computerised Accounting System
- Industry Exposure
- Travel Agency Skills
- Introduction to Front Office
- Principles of Supervision
- Medical Tourism
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understand travel agency operations.
- Deal with the tourists and colleagues in a professional manner.
- Manage the needs and requirements of different types of tourists.
- Deal with the needs and requirements of incoming tourists.
- Comply with legal requirements of the hospitality industry.
Successful completion of Programme 2, Part 1 – Certificate in Travel & Tourism (MQF Level 3)
Fields of Work
Travel Agency and Cruise Liner Operations
Destination Management Companies
Tour Operations and Tour Representative
Further Study Options
Programme 2 - Part 3 Higher National Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management (MQF Level 5),
Programme 7 - Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management (MQF Level 5),
Programme 8 - Higher National Diploma in Tour Guiding (MQF Level 5)