Level: MQF Level 4
Course Duration: 4 Semesters (including 2 semesters International Placement)
This programme of studies provides necessary training, knowledge and competencies at supervisory levels in a Food and Beverage division within the hospitality industry.
This programme of study includes:
- Essentials of Accounting
- Intermediate Beverage Practical Service and theory
- Intermediate Food Practical Service and theory
- Planning and Organising Events
- Food Nutrition and Dietary requirements
- Purchasing, Cost and Control
- Basic Economics
- Opera Sales for Food and beverage
- Environmental Tourism
- Principles of Supervision
- Intermediate wines
- Tourism Marketing
Key Learning Outcomes
- Carry responsibility for an operational section within a hotel being within the food and beverage department.
- Carry out contemporary systems and theories related to the administrative and operational areas in food and beverage.
- Comply and exhibit sound ethical behaviour on the workplace, excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Deal with a number of key operational issues that might occur within a hotel or a catering organisation.
- Deliver economic, efficient, effective and environmentally friendly operational performance.
Successful completion of Programme 5, Part 1 – Certificate in Food & Beverage Service (MQF Level 3)
Fields of Work
Restaurants and Bars
Events and Function Organisation and Coordination
Hotel Food and Beverage Department
Further Study Options
Programme 5 - Part 3 Higher National Diploma in Food & Beverage Service Management (MQF Level 5),
Programme 7 Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management (MQF Level 5),
Programme 8 Higher National Diploma in Tour Guiding (MQF Level 5)