Level: MQF Level 4
Course Duration: 4 Semesters (including 2 semesters International Placement)
This programme of studies provides necessary training, knowledge and competencies at supervisory levels in events and food and beverage division within the hospitality industry.
This programme of study includes:
- Essentials of Accounting
- Intermediate Beverage Practical Service and theory
- Intermediate Food Practical Service and theory
- Creativity and Innovation
- Conference and Banqueting Organisation
- Purchasing, Cost and Control
- Sports and Active Leisure
- Planning and Organising Events
- Food Nutrition and Dietary requirements
- Introduction to Front office
- Principles of Supervision
- Intermediate Wines
Key Learning Outcomes
- Carry responsibly for an operational section within a hotel in relation to Events and other types of functions.
- Carry out contemporary systems and theories related to the administrative and operational areas within this sector.
- Comply and exhibit sound ethical behaviour on the workplace, excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Deal with a number of key operational issues that might occur within a hotel or a catering organisation.
- Deliver economic, efficient, effective and environmentally friendly operational performance.
Successful completion of Programme 4, Part 1 – Certificate in Events & Leisure (MQF Level 3)
Fields of Work
Outside Catering Establishments
Events and Function Organisation and Coordination
Hotel Conference and Banqueting Department
Further Study Options
Programme 4 - Part 3 Higher National Diploma in Events & Leisure Management (MQF Level 5),
Programme 7 - Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management (MQF Level 5),
Programme 8 - Higher National Diploma in Tour Guiding (MQF Level 5)