Level: MQF Level 5
Course Duration: 2 Semesters
This programme of studies provides necessary training, knowledge and competencies at junior management levels in the Events division within the hospitality industry.
This programme of study includes:
- Event Organisation (project)
- Events Job Shadowing
- Advanced Mixology and theory
- Advanced Food Practical Service and theory
- Food and Beverage Management
- Protocol/Etiquette/ Ethics
- Conference and Banqueting Management
- Food Safety Management
- Specialised and Innovative Events
- Marketing for Events
- Digital Imagery and Composition
- Legal aspects in the catering industry
Key Learning Outcomes
- Independently implements the necessary operational and managerial tasks related to hospitality events.
- Manage effectively team members within a hospitality event related department.
- Solve problems which might occur during the planning, organisation and implementation of various hospitality events.
- Propose creative and innovative initiatives and solutions for customised hospitality events.
- Deal effectively, efficiently and in an ethical manner within a demanding work environment.
Successful completion of Programme 4, Part 2 – Diploma in Events & Leisure Operations (MQF Level 4)
Fields of Work
Sales and Marketing
Destination Management Companies
Fair and Conventions