Level MQF Level 5
Course Duration 2 Semesters
This programme of studies provides necessary training, knowledge and competencies at Junior Management levels in a Food and Beverage division within the Hospitality Industry.
This programme of study includes:
- Foreign language
- Advanced Mixology and theory
- Advanced Food Practical Service and theory (Concept dinners)
- Food and Beverage Management
- HACCP in Bars and Restaurants
- Food Safety Management
- Human Resources Management
- Marketing Management
- Digital Imagery and Composition
- Advanced wines
- Legal aspects in the catering industry
Key Learning Outcomes
- Be responsible to (at junior management level) for an operational department or section within a hotels, catering establishments, or hospitality oriented organisation.
- Carry responsibility for an operational section within a hotel being within the food and beverage department, catering operations and hospitality oriented companies.
- Carry out contemporary systems and theories related to the administrative and operational areas in food and beverage.
- Comply and exhibit sound ethical behaviour on the workplace, excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Assist in the generation of business/departmental ideas based on specific economic and market situations, trends, and contemporary in hospitality practices.
Successful completion of Programme 5, Part 2 – Diploma in Food & Beverage Service Operations (MQF Level 4)
Fields of Work
Restaurants and Bars
Events and Function Organisation and Coordination
Hotel Food and Beverage Department