Level: MQF Level 5
Course Duration: 6 Semesters (including 2 semesters International Placement)
This course is designed for those individuals who are interested in commencing a career in the hospitality field with particular interest in the hotel industry. This course is designed with a good balance between practical and theoretical modules.
This programme of study includes:
- House Keeping Management
- Human Resources Management
- Food & Beverage Management
- Events Operations
- Managerial Shadowing
- Principles of Management
- Strategic Marketing
- Creativity, Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Hospitality Management
- Tourism & Hospitality Law
Key Learning Outcomes
Be responsible (at junior management level) for an operational department or section within a hotel, catering establishment, or hospitality oriented organisation.
Carry out contemporary systems and theories related to the administrative, managerial, and operational areas in hotel departments, catering operations and hospitality oriented companies.
Comply and exhibit sound ethical behavior on the workplace, excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
Market research and sell company products and services in a professional and effective manner.
Assist in the generation of business/ departmental ideas based on specific economic and market situations, trends, and contemporary in hospitality practices.
Matriculation Certificate (2 A Level subjects, 3 Intermediate Level subjects and Systems of Knowledge)
Secondary Education Certificate passes at grade 5 or better (SSC&P level 3) in Maltese, English and Mathematics
Successful completion of ITS Diploma (MQF Level 4), listed below:
- Programme 2 - Part 2 Diploma in Travel & Tourism Operations
- Programme 3 - Part 2 Diploma in Rooms Division Operations
- Programme 4 - Part 2 Diploma in Events & Leisure Operations
- Programme 5 - Part 2 Diploma in Food & Beverage Service Operations
- Programme 6 - Part 2 Diploma in Food Preparation & Production Operations
Minimum Age:17 years (as at 30th June of the year application is submitted)
Fields of Work
Food and Beverage
Supporting positions in Marketing, Human Resources, Accounting, Sales