Higher National Diploma in Tourist Guiding (part-time)
MQF Level 5
6 semesters (3 years)
Starting first week of October 2018.
This programme of studies is intended for those who aim to become a licensed tourist guide for Malta. During this study programme, students will obtain general knowledge and good practices to work in the highly interesting Travel sector of the Hospitality Industry. Furthermore, students will acquire further knowledge, skills and competencies to become a licensed tourist guide.
- Matriculation (MQF Level 4) with a minimum of 1 A level and 3 Intermediates OR 2 A levels and 2 Intermediates (with a minimum of 44 points as per Matrix provided on page 52) Plus Secondary Education Certificate passes at grade 5 or better in Maltese, English and Mathematics
- Successful completion of ITS Diploma (MQF Level 4), in Diploma in Travel & Tourism Operations, Diploma in Rooms Division Operations, Diploma in Events & Leisure Operations, Diploma in Food & Beverage Service Operations and Diploma in Food Preparation & Production Operations
- Apply as a mature Student.
Field of Work
- Freelance Tourist Guide
- Guiding in Museums and Historical Sites
- Offering Services in Tourist Information Centres
- Tourist Information Centre Manager
€650 per semester
This course is part of the GET QUALIFIED scheme – students can get 70% of their tuition fees back!
Applicants are required to submit a part time application form, together with their personal curriculum vitae.
Application form may be downloaded from here.
T | 23793100
Please note that in all modular courses the amount of sessions and hours does not include the session for examination or practical assessment.
In all instances ITS may decide to refrain from organising a particular course mentioned above in case the number of applicants is low or for any other reason it deems necessary.