Bachelor in International Hospitality Management (hons)
The Bachelor in International Hospitality Management (hons), is brought in collaboration with the University of Applied Science of Haaga-Helia (Finland).
This MQF Level 6 programme is the first-degree programme with a vocational aspect and hands on experience to be delivered in Malta.
- Manage Hospitality operations with international dimensions
- Comply with social, scientific, cultural and ethical values of the stages of gathering, interpreting and implementing data in the field;
- Apply and use information and communication as required in this area of study
- Innovate operations to attract new business
- A combination of a minimum of 3 Advanced and Intermediate levels, of which one needs to be an Advanced level (MQF level 4) pass, and these qualifications must add up to a minimum of 44 points as per matrix provided on page 48 of the ITS prospectus AND passes at grade 5 (SSC&P level 3) or better in SEC examinations in English, Mathematics and Maltese; and 4 years of documented experience in the Culinary Industry. (Non-Maltese applicants have the option to replace Maltese O Level with their native language O level).
- An ITS Diploma in Events, Rooms Division, Travel and Tourism, Food Preparation and Production and Food and Beverage Service MQF Level 4 (or equivalent);
- An ITS Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management, Rooms Division, Events, Travel & Tourism, Food Preparation & Culinary Arts for Cruise Liners, Hotel Management Operations for Cruise liners, Guest Service Operations for Cruise Liners, Food Preparation & Production and Food & Beverage Service MQF Level 5 (or equivalent). *
- Apply as a mature student, at least 23 years of age by the beginning of the academic year applied for, and subject to proficiency and/or aptitude tests as per direction of the ITS. The ITS also reserves theright to subject the candidate for an interview and/or an RPL procedure prior to acceptance.
* Students who follow the Higher National Diploma programmes, as per above, may join the Bachelor in International Hospitality Management 2nd year if they are successful in their Higher National Diploma programme. Students in Higher National Diploma programmes, as per above, who obtain passes in 60 ECTS may opt to join Bachelor in International Hospitality Management 2nd year without completing the long essay and research methods modules. In such cases the said students, while being able to continue the degree programme, will not be able to graduate from Higher National Diploma until such time as the long essay and research methods modules are successfully completed. Students who go through this option will need to do a 14-week placement in semester 3 before joining 2nd year.
This programme is to be completed within a maximum of 5 years.
You may view the tariffs here.
Application form may be downloaded from here.
T | 23793100
Please note that in all modular courses the amount of sessions and hours does not include the session for examination or practical assessment.
In all instances ITS may decide to refrain from organising a particular course mentioned above in case the number of applicants is low or for any other reason it deems necessary.
Should cohort not be filled, the Institute of Tourism Studies reserves the right to cancel this programme.