CS032 | WSET (UK) Advanced Certificate in Wine and Spirits
To provide in-depth knowledge of a wide range of wines and spirits in a professional and structured way.
The topics covered are:
- Wine tasting – using the systematic approach to tasting of wines
- Food and wine matching – a guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine successfully
- Labelling – learning how to decode and understand international wine labels
- Social responsibility – a guide to sensible drinking
- Wine production – light wines of the world – sparkling wines
- Liqueur wines
- Spirits and liqueurs
Persons who wish to broaden their knowledge of wines and spirits, and for those who wish to work in wine bars, restaurants, hotels and the retail sector.
Be in possession of the WSET (UK) Intermediate Certificate
60 hours – 15 sessions of 4 hours each
Dates for lessons as follows:
23 and 30 January, 6, 13, 20 and 27 February, 6, 13 and 20 March, 10, 17, 24 April, 8 and 15 May and with examination to be held on the 29th of May.
Time for lessons as follows:
4pm to 8pm
Dates and times may change from those listed above. Registered applicants will be informed beforehand should this be the case.
Participants have to sit for an examination at the end of the course.
Applications are now open and interested applicants can apply at Registrar’s office located at ITS in St’Julian’s between Monday and Friday 08:00 till 15:00. Application form may be downloaded from here.
T | 23793231