DIP 4051 and DIP 4049
Intermediate pastry and baking
To provide participants with improved knowledge of the pastry and baking skills in theory and practical.
Individuals who wish to broaden their knowledge in pastry and baking and people employed in the Catering industry. May lead to City & Guilds qualification
The topics covered are:
- Prepare and bake paste based products and deserts
- Prepare and bake cakes and sponges
- Prepare meringue based products and desserts
- Prepare gelatine set desserts
- Prepare egg set desserts
- Prepare and bake chemically aerated products
- Prepare and cook fruit based desserts
- Prepare simple frozen desserts
- Prepare and bake fermented products
- Prepare and use creams, fillings and glazes
- Prepare hot and cold sauces
- Prepare and use decorative mediums
Basic Pastry and Baking Course (see here)
Twenty-eight (28) sessions of one and a half hour (1.5) hours theory and fourteen (14) sessions of three (3) hours practical
Commencement date is February 7th, with lessons being held every Wednesday.
Assessment will be held on May 30th.
Times of sessions – 1630hrs to 2230hrs.
Coursework and examination.
Applications are now open and interested applicants can apply at Registrar’s office located at ITS in St’Julians between Monday and Friday 08:00 till 15:00. Application form may be downloaded from here.
T | 23793231