The Bachelor in Culinary Arts (hons), is brought in collaboration with the Institute of Paul Bocuse (France).
This MQF Level 6 programme will assist in the development of the professional culinary industry and chefs in the international culinary community. Students would thus achieve a certification which would establish them at a higher level of knowledge and expertise.
- Conduct advanced studies and further the education in the field of Culinary Arts.
- Comply with social, scientific, cultural and ethical values at the stages of gathering, interpreting, implementing, and declaring data in the field.
- Apply and use information and communication as required in this area of study.
- Develop and appraise enhanced levels of craftsmanship in culinary arts and specific speciality areas of food production and modern food production trends.
- Matriculation (MQF Level 4) with a minimum of 1 A level and 3 Intermediates OR 2 A levels and 2 Intermediates (with a minimum of 44 points as per Matrix provided on page 52) AND passes at grade 5 or better in SEC examinations in English Mathematics and Maltese and 4 years of documented experience in the Culinary industry;
- An ITS Diploma in Food Preparation and Production MQF Level 4(or equivalent);
- An ITS Higher National Diploma in Food Preparation and Production or Higher National Diploma in Food Preparation & Culinary Arts for Cruise Liners MQF Level 5 (or equivalent) – Students who are in possession of the Higher National Diploma in Food Preparation and Production (MQF Level 5) and Higher National Diploma in Food Preparation & Culinary Arts for Cruise Liners are eligible to enter in the 4th semester of the degree programme.
- Apply as a mature Student, with a minimum of 4 years experience in the specified subject.
This course is scheduled to commence on January 8th 2018 and end by January 2021.
Lectures will be held on Monday's (Practical), Tuesday's and Wednesday's. Most lecturers will start at 5pm, however there will be occasions where lecturers might be scheduled for mornings.
Modules & Fees
You may view modules and fees structures here.
Applications are now open and interested applicants can apply at the Registrar’s office located at ITS in St’Julians between Monday and Friday 08:00 till 17:00. Application form may be downloaded from here.
T | 23793231
Should cohort not be filled, the Institute of Tourism Studies reserves the right to cancel this programme.