The Bachelor in Gastronomy (hons), is brought in collaboration with the University of Malta.
This will be the first MQF level 6 programme in this area of study offered in Malta.
- Conduct advanced studies and further the education in the field of Gastronomy
- Comply with social, scientific, cultural and ethical values at the stages of gathering, interpreting, implementing, and declaring data in the field.
- Apply and use information and communication as required in this area of study
- Matriculation (MQF Level 4) with a minimum of 1 A level and 3 Intermediates OR 2 A levels and 2 Intermediates (with a minimum of 44 points as per Matrix provided on page 52) AND passes at grade 5 or better in SEC examinations in English, Mathematics and Maltese;
- An ITS Diploma in Events and Leisure, Rooms Division, Travel and Tourism, Food Preparation and Production and Food and Beverage Service MQF Level 4 (or equivalent);
- An ITS Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management, Rooms Division Events and Leisure, Travel and Tourism, Tour Guiding, Food Preparation and Production and Food and Beverage Service MQF Level 5 (or equivalent) - Students who are in possession of the aforementioned Higher National Diploma have to enter from the first semester (1st year) of the degree programme;
- Apply as a mature Student.
This course is scheduled to commence on January 8th 2018 and end by January 2021.
Lectures will be held on Monday's (Practical), Tuesday's and Wednesday's. Most lecturers will start at 5pm, however there will be occasions where lecturers might be scheduled for mornings.
Modules & Fees
You may view modules and fees structures here.
Applications are now open and interested applicants can apply at the Registrar’s office located at ITS in St’Julians between Monday and Friday 08:00 till 17:00. Application form may be downloaded from here.
T | 23793231
Should cohort not be filled, the Institute of Tourism Studies reserves the right to cancel this programme.