The Institute of Tourism Studies is an institution of higher education aimed at meeting the changing needs of the Travel, Hospitality and Tourism Industry.
ITS was established in 1987 and consolidated by the Institute of Tourism Studies Act (2016) of the Laws of Malta. ITS' main responsibility is to provide the Tourism Sector with professional personnel who are able to guarantee an excellent standard of products and services within the Hospitality Industry.
Quality learning to achieve excellence in tourism.
Through its innovative high quality lifelong learning academic programmes, the Institute of Tourism Studies trains people for tomorrow’s tourism industry.We direct our resources towards the development of inclusive programmes which facilitate technical, generic and behavioural skills and competencies, integrate theory and practice, and promote modern leadership approaches.
The values behind our mission are to:
• provide a student centred-curriculum which promotes creativity, innovation, self-reflection, and personal independence;
• develop specialised technical, leadership and entrepreneurial skills in line with tomorrow’s industry trends and requirements;
• promote an international outlook whilst embracing cultural diversity; promote professional development through lifelong learning opportunities;
• perform and solicit practices which are ethically correct and environmentally friendly; and
• individually guide, mentor and holistically develop our students.
Commitment to Quality
The Institute of Tourism Studies is firmly committed to provide learning programmes aimed at guaranteeing exceptional standards of service within the Hospitality Industry. Students' progress is continuously monitored by their tutors, review boards as well as internal and external examiners. Lecturing staff continuously receives special training and guidance in methodology and assessment techniques.
Read the ITS Quality Assurance Handbook.