4 Semesters including summer for full-time and 7 semesters including summer for part-time mode of study.
Job Roles May Include
- Freelance Tourist Guide
- Gallery Site Officer
- Museum Interpretation Officer
- Tourist Information Centre Manage
A profiling interview upon admission may be conducted in order to better assist students with their learning process. Admissions of special cases will be referred to ITS’ Admissions Board.
Programme Learning Outcomes
- Understand the role of the tourist guide and manage the complex concepts of well organised tours.
- Be creative in the design and management of historical and thematic tours.
- Evaluate and anticipate customer expectations during the implementation process of tour guiding.
- Understand and explain the detailed historical and cultural content of various itineraries and sites.
- Manage small tour groups and ensure safety and customer satisfaction at all times.
A combination of a minimum of 3 Advanced and Intermediate levels, of which one needs to be an Advanced level (MQF level 4) pass. These qualifications must add up to a minimum of 44 points as per matrix provided on the pages at the back AND passes at grade 5 (SSC&P level 3) or better in SEC examinations in English, Mathematics and Maltese. (Non-Maltese applicants have the option to replace Maltese O Level with their native language O level). The successful completion of the Princes’ Trust programme is considered as equivalent to one O level.
An ITS Diploma in Events Operations, Rooms Division, Travel and Tourism, Food Preparation and Production and Food and Beverage Service MQF Level 4 (or equivalent).
Apply as a mature student, at least 23 years of age by the beginning of the academic year applied for, and subject to proficiency and/or aptitude tests as per direction of the ITS. The ITS also reserves the right to subject the candidate for an interview and/or an RPL procedure prior to acceptance.
Last Updated: 8th April 2020