32 Months including practicum
This study programme will be offered in a blended format, meaning that students may follow lectures on campus or online.
Job Roles May Include
- Heritage Management and Curatorship
- Historical Interpretation Consultant
- Visitor Experience Executive/Consultant
- Exhibitions Manager
- Museums Collections Officer
- Multimedia Producer
A profiling interview upon admission may be conducted in order to better assist students with their learning process. Admissions of special cases will be referred to ITS’ Admissions Board.
Programme Learning Outcomes
- Devise innovative strategies for Heritage Interpretation which may be applied to different contexts, particularly those related to tourism and education;
- Initiate research and be self-driven to propose new studies in HI which will contribute toward local and international Heritage and Tourism sectors;
- Critically assess the stakeholders/ audience/clients which will be benefitting from an adequate HI product while establishing methods of research to carry out audience segmentation in order to provide the best HI experience to a wide variety of clients;
- Comprehensively deal with ICT professionals when developing HI technology and critically assess the full cycle of planning, implementation and review of such technology;
- Critically review current methods of HI which are already present in Heritage and Tourism attractions.
A relevant MQF/EQF Level 6 degree at second class or better
An MQF/EQF Level 6 degree plus a portfolio evidencing relevant work experience for at least 3 years
An MQF/EQF Level 5 full qualification with 120 ECTS, AND a portfolio evidencing appropriate writing and analytical skills to ensure that the prospective candidate can fully and meaningfully participate in the course, and work experience at professional and/or executive level for at least 5 years.
Applicants must also provide proof of their English proficiency at C1 level
€1,500 per semester for EU Nationals
This course is part of the GET QUALIFIED scheme – students can get 70% of their tuition fees back!
€2,300 per semester for Non-EU Nationals
Last Updated: 8th April 2020
In all instances ITS may decide to refrain from organising a particular course mentioned above in case the number of applicants is low or for any other reason it deems necessary.