in collaboration with the Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences (Finland)
Note: Students who will be doing the Advanced and Intermediate levels in September 2020, may upload their first year 6th Form results, or else an acceptance letter to show that they are following these subjects. In this way, applications will be considered on a provisional basis.
32 Months including LITP and IITP
Job Roles May Include
- Supporting positions in Marketing, Human Resources, Accounting and Sales
- Property Manager
- Hospitality Revenue Manager
- Destination Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Front Office Manager
- Reservations Manager
- Administration Manager
- Customer Relations Manager
- Assistant General Manager
- General Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Rooms Division Manager
A profiling interview upon admission may be conducted in order to better assist students with their learning process. Admissions of special cases will be referred to ITS’ Admissions Board.
Programme Learning Outcomes
- Manage hospitality operations within international dimensions.
- Understand fundamental and complex theories for management and leadership in the hospitality industry.
- Understand and apply advanced marketing principles.
- Comply with social, scientific, cultural and ethical values at the stages of gathering, interpreting and implementing data in the field.
- Apply and use information as required in this area of study.
- Innovate operations to attract new business.
A combination of a minimum of 3 Advanced and Intermediate levels, of which one needs to be an Advanced level (MQF level 4) pass, and these qualifications must add up to a minimum of 44 points as per matrix provided on the prospectus AND passes at grade 5 (SSC&P level 3) or better in SEC examinations in English, Mathematics and Maltese. (Non-Maltese applicants have the option to replace Maltese O Level with their native language O level). The successful completion of the Princes’ Trust programme is considered as equivalent to one O level.
An ITS Diploma in Events Operations, Rooms Division, Travel & Tourism, Food Preparation & Production, Food & Beverage Service and Climate Friendly Travel or a Higher National Diploma in Tour Guiding, or an equivalent qualification (MQF level 4)
An ITS Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management, Rooms Division, Events, Travel & Tourism, Food Preparation & Production and Food & Beverage Service MQF Level 5 (or equivalent). Kindly refer to note below
Apply as a mature student, at least 23 years of age by the beginning of the academic year applied for, and subject to proficiency and/ or aptitude tests as per direction of the ITS. The ITS also reserves the right to subject the candidate for an interview and/or an RPL procedure prior to acceptance.
Students who follow the Higher National Diploma programmes, as found above, may join the Bachelor in International Hospitality Management 2nd year if they are successful in their Higher National Diploma programme.
Students in Higher National Diploma programmes, as found above, who obtain passes in 60 ECTS may opt to join Bachelor in International Hospitality Management 2nd year without completing the long essay and research methods modules. In such cases the said students, while being able to continue the degree programme, will not be able to graduate from Higher National Diploma until such time as the long essay and research methods modules are successfully completed.
Students who go through this option will need to do a 3-month placement in semester 3 before joining 2nd year.
Due to changes in relation to the covid-19 pandemic, and in view that A level exams will be held in September 2020, the Institute of Tourism Studies will be accepting applications on a provisional basis.
Between September 2020 and December 2020 if:
- A student does not achieve More then 36, the student will be redirected into an alternative program accordingly.
- A student gets between 36-43 points the student can continue through the 1st Year and ONLY if they pass from all 1st Year modules they can proceed to Year 2
- A student who achieve 44 Points or more will be able to proceed as per ITS Rules and Regulations.
Last Updated: 8th April 2020