CS032 | WSET (UK) Advanced Certificate in Wines
An advanced level qualification for professionals working in the wine industry and for wine enthusiasts.
For individuals seeking to delve deeper into the world of wines, this qualification provides a detailed understanding of grape growing and wine making. Upon completion you will be able to assess wines accurately, and use your understanding to confidently explain wine style and quality. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
What you will learn
- The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, wine making, maturation and bottling
- How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal:
- still wines of the world
- sparkling wines of the world
- fortified wines of the world
- How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
- How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Ideally be in possession of the WSET (UK) Intermediate Certificate
14 sessions of 4 hours each (5pm -9pm)
5, 12, 19, 26 Feb
5, 12, 26 Mar
2. 9, 30 Apr
7, 14, 21, 28 May
Exam: 11th JUNE
Participants are to sit for an examination at the end of the course.
T | 23793100
Please note that in all modular courses the amount of sessions and hours does not include the session for examination or practical assessment.
In all instances ITS may decide to refrain from organising a particular course mentioned above in case the number of applicants is low or for any other reason it deems necessary.