67 ECTS (Kindly refer to page 52)
Job Roles May Include
- Head Chef
- Sous Chef
- Pastry Chef
- Food and Beverage Manager
Programme Learning Outcomes
- Maintain health and safety practices in a kitchen environment and be able to follow and carry out the necessary Hygiene and Safety procedures.
- Prepare and produce dishes at the right temperature, using well-balanced ingredients and served to the exact consistency.
- Practice and offer a variety of complex and creative hot and cold dishes, desserts, centrepieces and baked products including bread.
- Comply and adhere to the concept of Health & Safety legislations and implementation actions.
- Develop innovative and creative menus, recipe costings and design and implement Standard Operating Procedures.
- Practice modern leadership approaches in a kitchen environment and implement cost effective production processes.
Successful completion of Diploma in Food Preparation & Production Operations (MQF Level 4).
Last Updated: 7th April 2020