in collaboration with DAN Europe
Note: Students who will be doing the Advanced and Intermediate levels in September 2020, may upload their first year 6th Form results, or else an acceptance letter to show that they are following these subjects. In this way, applications will be considered on a provisional basis.
32 Months including LITP and IITP
Theory sessions for this programme will be offered online, while practical diving research/sessions will be held around Gozo.
Job Roles May Include
- Scuba Diving Instructor
- Director of Diving/diving business manager
- Dive Safety Officer
- Diving Officer
- Research Diver
- Scientific Diver
- Hyperbaric Chamber Operator
- Diving Medical Technician
- Gas Blender
A profiling interview upon admission may be conducted in order to better assist students with their learning process. Admissions of special cases will be referred to ITS’ Admissions Board.
Programme Learning Outcomes
- Comprehensively understand the concepts of risk assessment with respect to scuba diving and creatively propose strategies how to reduce risks;
- Systematically understand the human physiology and acknowledge how this is affected by regular/frequent diving activity (recreational, technical and free diving);
- Comprehend the business elements, including the human resource management component and how does this operate in the leisure industry.
- Determine detailed knowledge on the various components making up diving equipment and specific equipment used for specific use (recreational, technical and free diving, research diving and other associated activities whilst diving);
- Systematically identify diving related hazards/injuries and their treatment both in terms of basic first aid but also more advanced procedures, such as the use of the hyperbaric chamber;
- Deploy established techniques on how to assist and partner with recompression chamber facilities, training and emergency assistance).
A combination of a minimum of 3 Advanced and Intermediate levels, of which one needs to be an Advanced level (MQF level 4) pass, and these qualifications must add up to a minimum of 44 points as per matrix provided on page 64 AND passes at grade 5 (SSC&P level 3) or better in SEC examinations in English, Mathematics and Maltese. (Non-Maltese applicants have the option to replace Maltese O Level with their native language O level). The successful completion of the Princes’ Trust programme is considered as equivalent to one O level.
An MQF/EQF Level 4 full qualification, AND a portfolio evidencing relevant experience in the diving sector for at least 3 years and evidence of appropriate writing and analytical skills to ensure that the prospective candidate can fully and meaningfully participate in the course, and work experience at professional and/or executive level for at least 5 years
Any ITS Diploma or equivalent MQF level 4 certification
Any ITS Higher National Diploma or equivalent MQF level 5 certification
Apply as a mature student, at least 23 years of age by the beginning of the academic year applied for, and subject to proficiency and/ or aptitude tests as per direction of the ITS. The ITS also reserves the right to subject the candidate for an interview and/or an RPL procedure prior to acceptance. Applicants must also provide proof of their English proficiency at B2 level
Last Updated: 8th April 2020